Full Name: Fanny “Faye” Matilda Dagmar Hamlin
DOB: October 23, 1987 (Age 24)
Hometown: Stockholm, Sweden
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Play Member: 2001-2003, 2009-2010
Fanny, or Faye as she is known by most fans, was chosen to be in Play after auditioning in a nationwide search to complete the group. Faye spent three years in Play, releasing two albums with the group and even touring with Destiny’s Child. In 2003 it was announced that Faye would be leaving the group to pursue her education.
When Faye returned to Sweden, she attended Rytmus, one of Sweden’s best music schools. She also signed with Synk Casting and modeled for various Swedish companies and booked several print and digital ads.
She didn’t fully give up music, either, and recorded a duet with Adam Appel, called Ready For Love. The song was included on the soundtrack to the Swedish documentary Kärlekens Språk. One of the companies she modeled for, MQ, also asked her to record a cover of Go Your Own Way for the companies television advertisements. She also recorded backing vocals for Velet’s song Mi Amore.
In 2009, Faye and Anaïs got together with the idea of Play reuniting. Along with new member Sanne Karlsson, the trio was featured on the Swedish TV show Made In Sweden. The show focused on the girls recording and practicing for their upcoming album. The album, Under My Skin, reached #5 in Sweden, and produced a #1 single with the song Famous. Things were going really well for the girls, and soon they talked about coming back to the United States.
Before Play could comeback in the US, however, Faye decided to leave the group again. This time she teamed up with Swedish producer duo Montauk and pursued a solo career. Faye released two demos, Water Against The Rocks and My Place Is Here, on her official website. Soon, Faye was signed to Hybris, with the promise of an album being released soon.
Faye released her first single, Come To Me, in February of 2012. She received much praise from her debut single and was eventually signed to Best Fit Recordings in the UK. Faye released her next single, Water Against The Rocks, in June of 2012. She continues to work on her solo album, rumored to be titled Progress.
- She has one brother and one sister.
- It was mere consequence that Faye and Rosie were already friends before they were picked to be in Play!
- She is left handed.
- She won a national talent show when she was 11.
- She loves Ozzy Osbourne and Lady GaGa.
- Her favorite kind of ice cream is licorice.
- She had braces for a few months early in Play.
- Her favorite song from Play’s Under My Skin album is Not The One.
- Faye was sick during the filming of Play’s It’s A Hard Knock Life music video, and for some group shots Anaïs’ older sister, Amanda, had to fill in for her.
- The other members of Play always referred to her as the “cool” or “chill” one, who was always there if you wanted to take it easy.